Fun around town
St. Louis has a host of world-class, family and budget-friendly attractions and you’re sure to be entertained and surprised by all the city has to offer. Take a look and visit some entertaining features of this historic city. Visit Explore St. Louis.
Museums and public institutions
- St. Louis Art Museum – FREE
- Missouri History Museum – FREE
- St. Louis Zoo – FREE: Top 10 zoo and one of three free zoos in the country
- St. Louis Science Center – FREE
- St. Louis Aquarium at Union Station
- The City Museum: “Essentially a three story playground created mostly from reused and recycled materials.”
- Missouri Botanical Gardens – FREE on Saturday and Wednesday
- Butterfly House
Music and theatre
- The St. Louis Symphony Orchestra
- Stifel Theatre
- The Pageant
- Powell Symphony Hall
- Fox Theatre
- The Municipal Opera Association of St. Louis: The nation’s largest and oldest outdoor musical amphitheater
- St. Louis is a great, historic sports city! We are home to the Cardinals (Busch Stadium) and the 2019 Stanley Cup Champion St. Louis Blues (Enterprise Center). We will also have an MLS team, the St. Louis City SC, beginning in 2023 with a brand new stadium being built between WashU Medical Campus and downtown.
- In addition there are number of amateur teams and top tier college sports, including the St. Louis University Basketball (Chaifetz Arena) and near by University of Missouri Football.